German Vs. Czech code page

AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
Dear Gurus!

I've got that command to check the incompatibility German code page versus Czech (not Slovakia) code page.
It is true a German language database is not possible with a Czech database? I mean if the both localization is the same database but in different company.
This is strange because (excuse me from Czech and Slovakian people) there is no sound about the German vs Slovakian incompatibility only with Czech. (but Czech and Slovakian language is not similar?? :-k )

Anyone can help to clear this question?
Thanks in Advance!

Andras

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Problem is this: German language is using codepage 1252, but Czech and Slovak are using codepage 1250.

Problematic characters are mainly: 200(Č), 204(Ě), 207(Ď), 210(Ň), 216(Ř), 217(Ů), 236(ě), 239(ď), 242(ň), 248(ř), 249(ů). These are different between the codepages.

Slovak have the same problem, but with less characters, because they are not using e.g. ř and ů.

See the codepage tables e.g. there: http://mlha.cz/unicode/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    It means that it is same problem like Hungarian and German language in one database, because you are using same codepage like we are... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    kine, really thanks! But the Qurstion is in my mind: how can use an international company a same database? for example they would like to consolidate, etc. :-k

if this is a problem the integration meanings what? :?:
    Problems are the special characters. If you are ok to use only English alphabet, than you can have both companies in one DB. But else you will need to be prepared to some strange characters in the data... And yes, the integration is not easy in NAV because it is not unicode application...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Thank Kine. The decision is to sepereate them two different database one of them for German other to Czech code page :-s
    Thank you the help and opinion! :)