Planning Parameters needed

dba_akudba_aku Member Posts: 13
After I run the planning worksheet there are no items come with results even they have the demand withing the given dates for the worksheet. Are there any parameters that we need to set up for the items. I got the white paper but it described only how it works. I have tested some items by setting their Reordering policy to Order. But it won't work.

Any help on this

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Do you have Location Mandatory in Inventory Setup ticked?

Using Components at Location in Manufacturing Setup?

Using Stockkeeping Units?

All these things have an effect on the way the planning system behaves.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    What filters are you using when running the plan?

Use Fixed Reorder and define a reorder point as well, much easier.

However, I would guess your components at location is blank and you are not using SKU's, put "anything" in the components at location and see what happens.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • dba_akudba_aku Member Posts: 13
    We do not have any stock keeping units. In Navision 3.7 we tested the planning sheet without stock keeping units. Are they realy necessary?

No other specific filters used to run the sheet. Only give the related items, and the location that we need to run the planning and give only the order date and the ending date.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you do not use SKUs then the components at location setting must not be blank. Simple as.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • rajatrajat Member Posts: 9
    Tick "Combined MPS/MRP Calculation" field in the Manufacturing setup and then run the worksheet. I hope this solves your problem.
  • eswar_chandueswar_chandu Member Posts: 4
    I hope you have defined Routing & Production BOM for the output item in Item card . Please check the Reordering policy in Item card planning tab for all BOM components.