Saferstream Registration problem

AndyCaignieAndyCaignie Member Posts: 4
Hello,

I have a problem with the Saferstream system for ADCS that comes with Navision 5.0. I installed (and re-installed) the communication components and the ADCS, but I still have the same problem: the saferstream object doesn't seem to be registered.

When I start the codeunit for ADCS, I always get this message:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by
GUID={F68B5E32-1F57-4604-89C6-65B2B74D2311} 5.0:{005C64FE-F817-4C64-83E4-BAA323164956}:'SaferStream'.SaferStream.

However, I cannot find the saferstream objects. The only 'saferstream' files I have are with the extention .tlb.

Does anyone know how tgo register that automation server ?

PS: system is windows XP SP3, .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0 are installed.

Comments

• Jorge_Torres_[MSFT]Jorge_Torres_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 29
    Please make sure that you have installed ADCS from the 5.0 installation and not from previous ADCS versions.

The SaferStream should be on the system's GAC if the ADCS installation went fine. If not, try un-installing the current ADCS version you have an re-install a 5.00 (or later) ADCS.

Hope this helps,

Jorge
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • AndyCaignieAndyCaignie Member Posts: 4
    I re-installed ADCS and the SDK, but it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that the variable is recognised in Navision (I can see the classes ISaferStream and SaferStream), but I cannot create an automation of that type. After the re-install, I now also have a saferstream.dll in the client director, but I cannot register it.
    By the way: what do you mean with GAC ?
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    Andy,

I had this issue as well, and had to reinstall the .Net framework v 2.0 to resolve it. There's a redist on the CD, or you can download from Microsoft.
  • AndyCaignieAndyCaignie Member Posts: 4
    I now reïnstalled (in this order)
    - .Net framework 2.0
    - Cside Client
    - Communication components
    - ADCS

And it still doesn't work. I think I will dump this crap, and go back to version 4.