Automation and navision crash

WildcardWildcard Member Posts: 26
hello all,
i'm developing a codeunit who use a 3 differents automation. And it pass through a lot.

Sometimes, when i'm executing the codeunit. Navision close without any error. Just ask if I want to send the problem to microsoft.

I execute one times exactly the same code, it's working perfectly. When i execute it maybe 10 times, it's crashing.
I try to do clear(automation) at the begining of the coduenit but it didn't change. Is that possible that too mutch instance of automation is open ?

In wich direction can i try to find something ?

thanks for any clue !

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Goh, many directions :-k .

Did you monitor memory and cpu while running?
    Is it crashing with specific parameters?
    What exactly is the functionality?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • WildcardWildcard Member Posts: 26
    it's going to 100% for the CPU but for a short time ... and memory don't really look like too big ...

but it's closing really quickly ...

the program put value in the automation and after use it for formula ... and it's in a timer (bigger timer don't bring something)!

so on every loop, he put value in the automation, and an other automation find this value and calculate it and show it!
    and i put in my code more instruction and it's crashing always after one run ! (it does more formula and put more value in memory) ...
    Hm, it's difficult to help you in this.

I would try to build your code from scratch with simple functions and see that it works. Than, add more functions and try to catch where it goes wrong.

Is it a custom built automation?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    it's an automation from a "partner" ... and i use it since 1 year ... i never had this problem ...

and it can't be from a value or parameter ... it's when i repeat the same things with the same value it's crashing after a few execution ...
    my guess is i have too much information or too much automation open for my system ... is that possible ?
    Hardly.
    If you only knew "how much" automation we've been using at the same time... .

If it was, then you should have a memory-problem no?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    have you tried to clear the variable at the end of codeunit?
    It could be you automation that is bugy.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    i have made a small step ! i found the trigger who crash !

it's crashing in a trigger of an automation ! who call 2 others automation ... but for both i can't make a clear while i need value before, inside and after ... is that possible that this trigger is too slow and block everything ?
    i don't know what hapen with the timer on my form ... because the every 100ms it's calling the function who crash ...

and at this point i have probably 4 automation (i don't know which one are still open)

](*,)

thanks for your help with my unclear problem ... :oops:
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The system looks for me too complicated. But yes, the speed can be the problem - may be the processing didn't finish before you fire the next trigger in the timer. Some automations can be buggy and not created for the "quick" processing... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    hum after a lot of try and test, i put it again in the version 5.0 and it's working !

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)