Hide No. Series form

couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
Please help!

Is there a way to hide the "No. Series" form of "Sales Order" form?

I need help to know if there is a way to hide the "box", sorry I do not know how to call it :oops: , shows by the "No." field of form 42, sales order. I am using NAV 3.70b run time. I need to find a way to block this box, which brings up No. Series form, out for a group of remote users.

Thanks,
Couber

Answers

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Couldn't you just block permission to read/modify/etc... from their role? That's easier than trying to do any development.

Let me edit a little bit to explain:

You can set permission to read/modify/etc... to "No" for both the Form and the Table that drive No. Series... you may run into some small issues since there will be an execution in the background to generate the Order Number, but with some tweaking and testing you should be alright. You'd probably also be safe just blocking the No. Series Form object if they don't have object designer access (which they clearly shouldn't)
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
    djswim wrote:
    Couldn't you just block permission to read/modify/etc... from their role? That's easier than trying to do any development.

Let me edit a little bit to explain:

You can set permission to read/modify/etc... to "No" for both the Form and the Table that drive No. Series... you may run into some small issues since there will be an execution in the background to generate the Order Number, but with some tweaking and testing you should be alright. You'd probably also be safe just blocking the No. Series Form object if they don't have object designer access (which they clearly shouldn't)

Yes, this is an option. I am trying to see if there is a way to just show the box but for certain user, which I already group them into different group of roles, nothing would happen even they click on the box. :cry:
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    couberpu wrote:
    Please help!

Is there a way to hide the "No. Series" form of "Sales Order" form?

I need help to know if there is a way to hide the "box", sorry I do not know how to call it :oops: , shows by the "No." field of form 42, sales order. I am using NAV 3.70b run time. I need to find a way to block this box, which brings up No. Series form, out for a group of remote users.

Thanks,
    Couber

Hey Couber,

its called "Assist Edit"

Its in the "OnAssistEdit" trigger in the form. (click on No. field and hit F9.).
    David Singleton
  • couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
    Hey Couber,

its called "Assist Edit"

Its in the "OnAssistEdit" trigger in the form. (click on No. field and hit F9.).

David,

Thank you very much. Its working now.
    =D> =D>
    Thanks,
    Couber