Options

Ie8

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2008-09-08 in General Chat
I Must admit that this thing if flying (fast)!!!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/intern ... orer/beta/
The autocomplete suggestion thing is pretty cool.

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    :whistle: i like and use Firefox 3.0.1
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I was an early user of IE7. Unfortunately the Microsoft Partner site did not support it until well after its release.
    Microsoft does not have a good history of supporting its new and beta products in all channels.
    Have you tried the Microsoft partner sites with IE 8 yet?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    garak wrote:
    I am still on FF2. There are some add-ons I use that are not ready for FF3.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Savatage wrote:
    Google Chrome Browser

Interesting

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html ... ampaign=en
    O:)
    My wife is already using it and she likes it!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    <sarcasm>Using Google products makes me 30 years younger!</sarcasm>

Yes, I'm a little tired of the Google hype.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    just downloaded and installed IE8 myself. I like it. No problem (so far).

And I agree with Alex ... allthough, I'm still igoogling all over the place :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    garak wrote:

:evil:

Fire Fox three is probably the worst browser I have ever used. It is unusable. I went back to FF 2.0 and at least thats OK, but in six months when they stop support for 2.00 I will remove Firefox completely and move to Chrome and Explorer.

Mind you Chrome is fast now, but how long till they do a Fire Fox and turn it into a memory hog.

PS Explorer uses less ram than FireFox, what's that all about?

PPS I loved Firefox up until ver 1.2, still was ok with 1.5, tolerated 2.0, but 3.0 just ruined the whole concept of what Fire Fox should be. They have done full circle and they are Netscape again.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Google Chrome Browser

Interesting

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html ... ampaign=en
    O:)

I am actually writing this reply in Chrome. \:D/ Its amazingly faster than FireFox.

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/24067.aspx
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    But you know, that Chrome send back to google a lot of informations :?:
    For example infos about your PC, about your searching in the I-Net, visited sites, etc ...

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/privacy.html

OK, the M$ IE do the same, but google is in an better start position. Why?

So its for google very easy the get the "transparent user".
    Because the google services are not realy practicable with FF or IE, so it's better for the users to switch to Chrome. Now the google services runs perfectly. But note, with his other firms like youtube, doubleclick, google, g-mail, Cookies on PCs (through Adsense commerials) or WebBacons etc. the Google Inc. gets the "transparent user". And all these informations about your "browsing behavior" are stored and evaluated by google.

Do you know Orwell :?: He would very amazed.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    garak wrote:

Do you know Orwell :?: He would very amazed.

Regards

Did you know that originally he wanted to call in 1948? To reflect how after the war people were losing their personal freedoms at the start of the cold war. So unfortunately all this is past history, and not really anyway we can do anything about it. So no; he would only be amazed that it took this long.

Anyway thats off topic. The issue is not about invasion of prvacy which we all accespt as a part of life, its about which browser is best, and the answer is definitely NOT FF30.0 :wink:imho
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There was an article in a Dutch newspaper that there is a stipulation in the Chrome user license agreement that anything that is posted to the internet while using Chrome can be used by Google without limitation, so the concern was that you give up your rights to copyrighted material when you just happen to use Chrome as your browser, and that Google can then use and reproduce that material in whatever way they see fit.

I don't know if it's true, and the article did report that Google is modifying that part of the EULA, but if it is true then it goes slightly over the edge of mere day-to-day privacy infringements.
  • Options
    Now we really are getting of topic but...

From Chromes terms of service:
    9. Proprietary rights

9.4 ...Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). ...
    11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

By the way, I am only using Chrome because I am really <annoyed> with the direction that Fire Fox are headed. When they changed the name from Netscape to Fire Fox, the core issue was that they wanted to be light and simple and fast so that rather than compete head on with IE, they would be a light alternative. But with 3.00 they offer basically the same memory hog that we get with IE. Hopefully Chrome will open their eyes, and they will go back to the core.

Me I am using IE8 and IE7. Oddly the only problem I had with IE8 so far was some things didn't work in Share Point which I thought wierd. I really don't see what Fire Fox has to offer these days. There are still a lot of sites you can't open with Fire Fox.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Good they modified it :)

I really liked FF for the tabs and because it was faster then IE. When IE7 came out it was faster than FF AND it had the tabs. The only other reason I was using it was so I had one browser that didn't have all the add-ins installed. When websites started figuring out how to automatically install those components there really was no more reason for me to keep FF.

By the way, I'm not even trying Chrome because I am happy with IE, there's really no reason for me to switch. Vista is slowing down as it is, I don't really want to clog the system up with more software.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    IE8 ->Tools->InPrivate Browsing 8)

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... ernet.html
    InPrivate Browsing creates a browsing session that is completely destroyed when the window is closed. In particular, it leaves no entries in the browser history, no cookies, and no cached files, nor is any autocomplete or other form information stored.
  • Options
    garak wrote:

Hmm looks like I might be going to eat some humble pie here....

check this out:

Firefox2, IE7 and Chrome

:oops: #-o
    David Singleton