Different menusuite per company

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
Hello, my problem is as follows: I have a database with 2 different companies (say company A and company B). I have a Sales Order form for company A and another different form for the Sales Order in Company B.
I would like that when entering in company A, just the A-form is shown and the same in company B. If not possible, maybe making the difference by user would work.

Is it possible somehow (without usign role configuration)? Any suggestion?
I had thought in defining different menusuite for each company but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Thanks,

Tomigs.

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    sorry, you can only create new menus and set the permission to the users.
    Example:

Menu "Financial Management (A)" is only for users in Company A <- right Mounse, Context Menu -> Ass. Users and "Financial Management (B)" is only for users in Company B.

Note: all companies use the same objects (like Forms, Reports, Codeunits and Menusuite)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    perhaps he is saying he has created two new sales order forms
    Call it 50000 & 50001.
    They are slightly different and is built around the needs of the two different companies. While in company A when he clicks sales order he want's to call form 50000 & while in company B you want to call 50001.

Is this more like what you want to do?
    oh, i don't read the whole text 8-[

But one solution is the solution with the menue ;-) an other is:
    Instead of the form, you link a codeunit in your Menue panel.

In OnRun of the Codeunit you write:
    if CompanyName = 'BLABLABLA') then //or read it from a setup table
      Form.run(50000)
    else
      Form.run(50001);

• TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
    Thanks a lot you both for your quick answer.

It is a same it is not possible to set up the menusuite by company, but anyway, I like the solution of using a codeunit for selecting the form depending on the company. I will try it.
    Thanks again.
    Your'e welcome

Please write [SOLVED] infront of your first post. So we can see, that there is the right answer for your question.

Regards