Native to SQL - Date Problems

attardcattardc Member Posts: 97
Does anyone have any documentation as to how the Migrate.FOB objects can be used?

Thanks

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    attardc wrote:
    Does anyone have any documentation as to how the Migrate.FOB objects can be used?

Thanks

I don't think there is too much documentation.

Just run the object generator code unit. Import the TXT file compile it and run.

Every time I use that tool I remind my self that it looks like it was a quick fix written in desperation at 3.00am the day before Go Live. I always say to my self that I must fix this and make it a usable tool, but never get around to it.

Maybe Mark has a slicker version he wants to share
    :mrgreen:

The two things that annoy me the most are a/ how hard it is to modify it, especially to be able to run it with commits and then go back and continue later. and b whats with the dates? Did they really think that any error was actually supposed to mean 1753????

The one mod I at least do is to try to generate intelligent dates, so if year < 10 then year = year + 2000 , if year >10 and <= 99 then year = year + 1900 and some simple stuff like that.
    David Singleton
  • attardcattardc Member Posts: 97
    Thanks a lot for your help!

I just tried it on Chronus, and its true that all dates are set to 1753! but its a great start for us anyways!

thanks a lot once again!

Chri
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    attardc wrote:
    Thanks a lot for your help!

I just tried it on Chronus, and its true that all dates are set to 1753! but its a great start for us anyways!

thanks a lot once again!

Chri
    The form that shows the problems has also the possibility to manually change the dates before confirming them to be saved to the DB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    attardc wrote:

Thanks

Have you checked the documentation on the Upgrade Toolkit?