Developer Toolkit and STX file problem

ottobeottobe Member Posts: 67
I have been struggling for some time with creating a NDT database with a 3.70, 3.70 custom and 5.0 SP1 database for comparing/upgrading.
After wasting some time on the NDT documentation and trial-and-error I found some posting here on mibuso that helped me along (Do not use 4.0 SP1 or 5.0 DB in NDT, altough documentation tell you something else (or change DLL's)), but still I have a stx file problem. All databases are Norwegian.

I have imported the 3.70 and 3.70 custom into 5.0 and upgraded-exported (hoping they would use the same stx file)
But when come to import the 3.70 db into NDT I get the wrong-STX file error message for all possible stx files: The 5.0 fin.stx file, the 3.70 fin.stx, and the default.stx file. When I import 3.70 from a 3.70 client it works fine, but then it will of course not import the 5.0 DB with the same stx file.

Any suggestions?

PS.
Does Navision always use the stx file in the client dir? (I have several Navision versions on the PC). I cant find any reference to stx file-dir in the registry, or other places.

Comments

• ottobeottobe Member Posts: 67
    Update Info:
    I solved the problem by entering the expressions for Date etc manually. Before that I tried with a stx file from a NA verson of 5.0 SP1, but it seems like the tool did not accept ANY stx file at all (except for the Yes/No expression fields) Possible causes:

- NDT DB was created with NAV 4.0. Tool accept only 4.0 or lower stx files?
    - Tool only accept default stx file specified when you install?
    - Bug?

Do anybody know how to find out what stx file is the current for a given NAV client?