Omiting zeros in Excel

qkambaleqkambale Member Posts: 37
Hi,
I have a report exporting to excel having seven columns originating from the G/L Entry table and Dimension Value table.However, it outputs to Excel Ok but some G/L accounts with no values i.e. zeros are appearing in the Excel output but not on the print preview or hard copy print-out.:|

How do I Restrict Export Excel Buffer from outputting rows with a 'zero'(0) value.
It should skip and not create a row. :-k

Answers

• Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    Have you tried the
    IF "Clause" then begin
    CURRReport.skip
    end;
  • qkambaleqkambale Member Posts: 37
    Yes I have but I still get the zeros....... ](*,)
    Am sure its a filter problem....but where do I put code to restrict the Excel Buffer from outputting G/L Accounts with no values?
    I have noticed even the standard NAV Export to Excel reports for example the Trial Balance does not omit the Accounts with no values. ](*,)
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

This is probably caused by an account which is zero but has balancing entries e.g. +100 -100 = 0. The place to handle this is at the point of print/export normally in the onpresection trigger on the section this is printing / exporting.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    qkambale: does the code have been developed from you?
    if so, it will be easy 4 you to find where you populate the exbuff table or where you put your data in excel cells.
    Go to this point and test the value of the interested field.

anyway can u post the code?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog