Tracking users that unreserve items

Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
Hi

I have a customer whose staff are prone to unreserving items that have already been reserved by other users. The management is upset by this issue and I have been tasked to find out what exactly is going on:

1) Change Log.
I have setup Change Log but it does not track program changes on the reservation entry table.

2) SQL Profiler
I have setup profiler but it does not solve the problem as reservation and cancelling reservation churns out similar SQL statements. SELECT *

Besides write my own code to track the changes in the reservation entry table, is there a way to fix this matter?

Thank you,

Tan Eng Siong
Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that customization is the correct way... you can add some "permissions" to cancel reservation of other users or something like that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi

I have a customer whose staff are prone to unreserving items that have already been reserved by other users. The management is upset by this issue and I have been tasked to find out what exactly is going on:

1) Change Log.
    I have setup Change Log but it does not track program changes on the reservation entry table.

2) SQL Profiler
    I have setup profiler but it does not solve the problem as reservation and cancelling reservation churns out similar SQL statements. SELECT *

Besides write my own code to track the changes in the reservation entry table, is there a way to fix this matter?

Thank you,

Tan Eng Siong

I had a client with the same issue, and as Kine suggests, the only real solution is to do some customization. Just make sure to do a very thorough analysis of this and all the possible scenarios, or you will have many issues down the track.
    David Singleton
  • Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
    Thank you everyone. I will develop my own solution for tracking reservation cancellation.
    Tan Eng Siong