Mapi error Lanham email

VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
Hello,

We are trying to setup the Lanham email and we are stuck. We tried configuring the Outlook and now we can't go any further than this message:

This message is for C/AL programmer:
the call to member InitialzeMail failled. MAPISession returned the following message: Login has failed. Our IT department doesn't know what to do anymore and has tried everything to fix the problem.

Has anyone fixed all the Lanham problems with the email addon?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have an old instalation of Lanham email that came with eship.

There are specific installation steps.

were they all followed.
    One is a MailOCX

goto Tools->Custom Controls and make sure MailOcx.Mapi is there
    if not you need to register the program on all machines that will use the email program.

If im not mistaken i can be found in C:\Program Files\MailOCX
    I won't post anymore until i hear back from you - perhaps there is someting brand new i don't know about - so I don't want to go into how I set mine up and get you more confused.

On mine the email usues whatever is you default email program.
    I know I had to uncheck in the email program options "warn me if another application trys to send mail as me"
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Veica wrote:
    Hello,

We are trying to setup the Lanham email and we are stuck. We tried configuring the Outlook and now we can't go any further than this message:

This message is for C/AL programmer:
    the call to member InitialzeMail failled. MAPISession returned the following message: Login has failed. Our IT department doesn't know what to do anymore and has tried everything to fix the problem.

Has anyone fixed all the Lanham problems with the email addon?

Thanks in advance.

This really depends on the version of NAV and eShip you are using.

If you are on 5.00 with the eShip version that supports it, then best is to use the in built NAV SMTP server function. To do this you need an SMTP server (generally your email provider) and you need to make sure you are authenticating correctly. If you are using basic Authentication, then a you need an email provider that allows that, and b you will need an account created for this.

If you are getting that error, then you may have an issue with yoru fire wall not allowing non authenticated SMTP connections (to prevent out going spam) or it could just be the wrong password.

What I did was tested all the SMTP settings in Outlook before trying it in NAV.

The other option is as Harry suggests, to install the Lanham MAPI client.

The outlook option is not great, because it generally puts the emails in the Draft folder, and you have to manually send them. Though there is probably a way in Out look to change that.
    David Singleton