Customization In Customer Ledger Entry

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Hi Friends,

I want to do some customization in Sales Header and the relative fields should get updated in Customer Ledger Entry.
I try to do customization in CU 12 (PostCust function) but value is not getting updated in customer Ledger Entry. Can anyone guide me in this.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    CU is good but what is for exapmle with CU 80 :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • JAKAJAKA Member Posts: 18
    This sounds like my problem.

I added new columns in Sales Line -Table for Customer responsibility amount and Insurance company amount and would like to keep track on Customer responsibility amount statistics.

Unfortunately the CU 80 is long and appears too complicated to me (novice as I am). Could you please give me a hint where I need to add my new column value (Decimal)?

Thanks in advance if you can help me.
  • BBlueBBlue Member Posts: 90
    Hello,

You must define those fields in Gen. Journal Line also. In CU 80 search for "// Post customer entry". Fill Gen. Journal Line with the desired values and then you can use the function PostCust from CU 12 to get the content of those fields in Cust. Ledg. Entry.
    //Bogdan
    Thank you very much! =D>

Actually, I was almost there. The biggest help was to get confidence that I was on the right way.

It seems that the local variables to records for Cust. Ledger Entry and Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry in function PostCust had to be re-activated.. or maybe I just had forgot to compile CU 12 after adding columns.

I'm very happy now, and my working day is just finished! :D
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If you're using the US version, you should use codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields to transfer custom fields instead of modifying the core codeunits.
    My version is FI Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1.

There is no codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields in my version, but if I understand correctly, it really would be a much better solution than modifying the core CU:s. Unfortunately its is not possible in my current version (or would take too much effort to add new CU for this, especially if it might already be included in the next version).

Thanks for the info and idea anyway! :)