Does navision support SCM?

shillushillu Member Posts: 72
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me how does navision supports SCM(supply chain managment)? Is there any sepearate module in Navision for this?

and..? What "Trade and logistics" module is being called in Navision?

Thanks,

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    SCM is a concept rather than a module. The modules of Purchase, Sales, Warehouse, Financial Management are part of SCM.

Can you specify the excat requirement.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for the quick reply.

What I would like to know is, Does navision support SCM?
    As you said if it a concept and Purchase, Sales, WH etc are part of navision..it means navision supports SCM. right?
    But there is a sepearte a moudule for SCM in other ERP technologies having P&P, Sales,Warhouse module also. what is need of having seperate module for SCM in other ERP products?

Can you please let me know what exactly the SCM is?
    and please answer my seconde question the last query which i posted abt Trade and logistics.
    As far as my understanding..trade and logistics are nothing but handling warehouse activites.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Hi!

I think this will answer your question.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... mibusocom-
    20/ref=nosim
    It may be that different ERPs may have different modules, but all ERPs cater to the same thing about sourcing, movement and removal of inventory, that is basically purhase, warehousing, manufacturing and sale.

In NAV, this is done using purchases, sales, warehousing and manufacturing modules.

Other ERPs also do the same resulting processes, just the source operations in the software differs.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    thanks noname..

and i have a quick question.

I have to support a client who is using navision 5.0. I am being a technical person, i am not aware of what kind of questions that we could ask our client during "system requirements understanding" phase?

can anybody help me out?
    or if you have any standared template for this..please do fwd.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    I suggest you accompany a functional guy with you, as it is the correct approach.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    shillu wrote:
    thanks noname..

and i have a quick question.

I have to support a client who is using navision 5.0. I am being a technical person, i am not aware of what kind of questions that we could ask our client during "system requirements understanding" phase?

can anybody help me out?
    or if you have any standared template for this..please do fwd.

Well I am not sure if I should reply or not, since I am pretty sure you don't want to hear my opinion on this. Basically I would say that the project is doomed to fail now, so easier might be just to not even start. Take a look at this earlier blog of mine:

If it takes one person 10 days to dig a ditch, how long does it take 10 people to dig the same ditch? - David Singleton's Navision Blog

I wrote this after visiting a client in Bangalore, that had been sold NAV without the advice of an experienced business consultant. Instead they had simply been given a so called "team" of developers, with the instructions to "do what the client needs".

Having visited a number o Indian NAV implementations, I am quite surprised at the implementation and sales methods used. There seems to be a belief that given enough developers, any business issue can be solved, and that is just not the case.

I would speak to your bosses boss, and have them review the sales process used in your company. If that does not gt resolved, I would consider finding a new company to work for.
    David Singleton