Requisition and GL budget comparision

hanthant Member Posts: 115
Dear all,

Does anyone have add-on or developed a solution to monitor the purchase requests base on the approved budget in GL?

For example, when we set the budget for staff training in GL in 1 year is $1000. When there is one request for staff training, there should be a comparision with the budget that this request is under the budget or over the budger. If it's over the budget, the system will pop-up a message about this or block this transaction. That means this request cannot be approve due to it exceed the allowed budget for staff training.

Thanks,

hant

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I have seen such a customization where the following was done:

a) Customized form for entering expense approval for G/L accounts.
    b) Approval hierarcy setup
    c) Validation cum approval form which will create a customized posted purchase requistion entries.
    d) Function in the purchase order to insert the approved purchase requistion entries.

Hope this will help.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    I have also seen one customization.
    Here the cumulative postings in total for any G/L account is always compared to the G/L budgeted amount, i.e. validated at the time of entering.

However, the system doesn't stopped the user from entering, but the posting could only be done once the transaction is approved for posting.

A simple function over the transaction window for approval of entries exceeding budget, along with a user setup based boolean for approval permission, and a boolean over the Gen.journal (or else) for approval were used and worked fine.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • hanthant Member Posts: 115
    Thanks, I will try to do so.