Reports that spill over to extra pages...

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
I have a problem when I add in extra sections to reports using the CurrReport.Showoutput command in those sections to hide them....

Even when then are hidden (CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(FALSE) NAV seems to be taking them into account and so instead of getting my totals at the bottom of page 1 I end up with a 2nd page all blank except for totals at the bottom.

I'm using NAV 5 SP1 but have experienced this problem in older versions as well....

Is it that the Report Designer just isn't clever enough to ignore these sections in it's calculations?

Thanks

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    That's a very old problem. It's because of your footers are of the same DataItem. It has something to do with PlaceInBottom and PrintOnEveryPage. I don't know if there is an "official" solution for that by now.

Try to split them on different DataItems by use Integer with MaxIteration=1.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Basically as stated above, the report generator needs to calculate the length of a page and to do this it needs to allow for a footer or header that may be on every page. To explain a bit more, the solution is to manually create your own footer by putting an INTEGER at the bottom and doing some magic to determine when to print it or not, and then use CURRREPORT.SKIP instead of SHOWOUTPUT. Basically SKIP is counted in the page length calculation.

In the C/SIDE reference manual there is a flow chart that shows how this all works. That flow chart is pretty easy to follow if you read it a few times.
    David Singleton