Error in MAPI mailing invoking the member ResetBSTR

gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
Hi,

I have a Dynamics Nav 5.00 SP1 for SQL Option installation and I have a problem with some computers.

I want to open a new mail in Outlook attaching a Excel file previously created from a NAvision client.

In some computers the next error appears (or very similar because i am translating form Spanish):

<<
The message is for C/AL programmers.

It has been a problem invoking the member ResetBSTR. The OLE control or automation server has responding a unkwnon error.
>>

I have been checking several set up parameters in that computers but I dont know what is the problem.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    which outlook version :?:
    it's possible, that the Navision DLL BSTRConverterBody can't hadle correct your outlookversions.

Only a assumption
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

I have computers with Office - and Outlook - 2003 and 2007. In both versions most of the computers work perfectly.

Do you know if any other program is needed?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the version of OLHandler.DLL in the client folder. Some versions were buggy.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    With BuidNo 25382 / KB 944204 the OLHandler.dll was changed.

I doen't know if your problem is also fixed with this dll, but you can check this on a Test pc
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    I have checked that in all computers is installed 5.0.26084.0 version (685 K) of OlHandler.dll

I am not sure about it is a tested version because I have experimented several runtime errors with Nav 5.0 SP1 finsql.exe.

One of the most important is that I can not copy and paste a complete function from another object or another Navision executable. And this is a problem if you are migrating customizaded C/AL code from Navision 3.70 to Navision 5.00 SP1.

Well, I will try reinstall the bad computers but I am not sure about the result.

Thank you for your comments.