License Ranges

SteveSteve Member Posts: 81
Anyone have a tool to easily identify the objects and ranges purchased on a license? I requested the config file from Microsoft, but we are still waiting. I had a user go in and try to save the object and write down each available, but it seems as if we have objects all over the 5x,xxx range.

Anyone have a Navi tool to quickly identify these?

Thanks
Steve

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    View->License Information :-k

also, you can open the flf file in notepad.

is this what you're looking for?
  • SteveSteve Member Posts: 81
    Nope, but thanks.

They own 1,000 tables somewhere in the range of 5x,xxx. These were purchased over years so they have 100 (50,000 - 50,099), etc.. The problem was these were purchased in 100's, 50's and 10's. So my next range is 50 table (50,300 - 50,349) and the next 100 are (50,400 - 50,499) and so on.

I would have been nice if they were 50,000 - 50,999.
    Steve
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    There are a few license permission tables that you can create a form or a report for. Go into the form designer, and create a new one. In the form wizard, look up into the table list and scroll all the way down. You'll find table number 2000000043 - License Permission and table number 2000000044 - Permission Range. Put all fields on the form and see if you find what you need.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You should check with your NSC. They may be able to have the current object ranges unassigned and then have a new license generated with the objects in a consecutive range.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Steve wrote:
    Nope, but thanks.

They own 1,000 tables somewhere in the range of 5x,xxx.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1,000 tables WOW

what on earth were they thinking!!!!!!
    David Singleton
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    There is a report 10313 License Permissions that lists all permissions.
  • azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.