How do I give a user a permission on a single table in Nav.?

AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
Hello
I use Navision Client and Database Server (not SQL-Server) 4.03
I have a user whom I gave the Super role for the company of a database in Tools, Security, Database Logins => mark the user in question, Roles => select super
=> in the field company I selected the company of the database.
However, I did not give the user the role Super with the company field being empty.

Now the user tries to log in. It seems to go OK at first, he chooses the company and then he has to choose the location. But after he did so he gets the error message
You do not have permission to read the Session table.
Contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed.

This message disappears if I give him the Role super without selecting any company.

I suppose that the user does not get the rights on the session table with ID 2000000009.

Is it possible to pass the user the rights on a single table (instead of a role)? Or would I have to create a role with just one right to one object?
With another database in SQL-Server 2005 I could solve this by passing the right on the session view but with Navision Database Server I don't know how to go about this.
It can't be the idea to pass out the rights Super without company to everyone.
Does anyone of you know or solve this some time?

Thank you for letting me know.
Andreas

Comments

• bergoullebergoulle Member Posts: 23
    It seems to go OK at first, he chooses the company and then he has to choose the location

what do you mean choose the location ?
  • AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

Strg-O ==> you pick the company, OK
    Now the window (in Incadea/Navision) User Locations List opens, where you have to choose the location of the company in which you want to start your session. In automotive a dealer can have two or more business locations in town.
    After that an error message as described pops up if the user is not Super on the database without a company specified.

Regards
    Andreas