Transfers without enough stock in Navision 4.0

tonisalatonisala Member Posts: 10
Hello, is it possible to transfer items between locations if we don't have enough stock to do it ? I know it should never happen but inventory is not always as good as it should and we have to stop the transfer, clear the items that have the problem, transfer the other items, go to an 'item journal', and place some positive/negative adjustaments. Too complicated for our warehouse staff even if we do this in a quite automated way. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Technically it is a piece of cake : if you run the code with the debugger, it will show you the IF+ERROR-statement to change to allow it.

But if you are using average costing, it will completely disrupt them. (I asked our functional people that question 2 weeks ago and they responded me this).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    So you have 0 on inventory in Location A, but you want to move say 10 of them to location B, so you can do an inventory adjustment there. You would also have to do an inventory adjustment in A to modify your negative inventory value there.

Why not simply do an inventory adjustment in B, and leaving A alone? Or, if you have 5 on hand in location A, move those 5 to location B and do the adjustment then. Or, you adjust your inventory in A so you have enough on hand there before you transfer them to B?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me the core of this problem is much deeper. Question is "why there is not enough qty on the location, when you have it there in real world?" - it means, why there is difference between data in ERP and real world? Try to answer this question and it will lead you how to solve it. In most cases it is a problem of processes...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Also something to watch out for is adjust cost will no transfer the cost for negative entries.

So if you go negative, and later the do a positive adjustment or receive a PO, the Cost will not move to the COGS
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    In lots of implementation I've seen difference in stock between real and ERP. Mostly it is due to human error (wrong item, unposted receipt, wrong stockcounting,...).
    I agree that the best solution is to correct the stock and do then the transfer, you'll have to correct it one day, so better do it right away instead of taking risks in changing Code.