How can I update Navision Application Server (+DB Srv) ?

AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
Hello,

we use Navision 4.0SP3. Thru applying the Navision-Hotfixes I could update the Navision Client to version 4.0.3.25638.
However, the Navision Application Server and the Navision Database Server are still on Version 4.0.3.23305.

The NAS actually is just a client or behaves as one. But how do I update the NAS and DB Server correctly? Are there procedures that can be used, or do I just exchange certain .dlls and .exe files (of which I am rather hesitant to do so)?

Thank you for letting me know.
Andreas

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Each hotfix should come with installation instructions. Most of the time they are indeed to simply replace files and restart, and sometimes there's a new installer.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    In your case, I recommend downloading the new SP3 CD. This contains build 25143 for all installs (NAS, client, db server, ..). Furthermore, the update you're talking about, contains fin.exe and nas.exe. You should move the fin*.exe to the client folder, and the nas*.exe to the Application Server folder. you can find more details here.

BUT

Why aren't you upgrading to the latest update? Hereis an overview.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
    Hello,
    thank you for the info and the link.

Though I do have a windows Live ID, it is not allocated to a Dynamics Profile which is more and more annoying (Besides for the updates I would need it for the Tools-CD, too)

How could I accomplish allocating my Live ID to a profile? It seems I would have to pass an e-mail which is registered to a Dynamics Profile.

Could anybody here assist?

Thank you
    Andreas
    Are you an enduser or a Certified Partner?

If End User: ask your partner.
    If Partner: ask your PAM to deal with that... .

I'm afraid I can't help you with that... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
    Hello,
    while a download comes with installation instructions, these are most likely only for the client, not for the NAS or DBServer.

How to correctly update those was exactly my question.

Somewhere in between obviously a new CD is put out (which can only be an interim solution since it corrects things only up to that point in time). But after that there are already many hotfixes so the question for updating the NAS and DBServer remains.

For the download stuff I will check with my partner.

Sincerely
    Andreas
    Andreas
    Well, you can find the preresiquites and installation instructions on the KB articles... . That should help you.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to contact your administrator of VOICE system. He must check, that there is account for you under your company and there is e-mail filled in. He can send invitation e-mail to you too.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.