Fiter with Asterix (*) on Codefield NAV 5.SP1 - CRASH

Kristof_KleinKristof_Klein Member Posts: 5
Hi everbody!

I'm new here, so welcome ;)

I have following Problem/Bug:

I have a Table only with an Code field in it Length [3].
so now but all numbers from 000 to 999 in it. When i now try to filter on for example 61* the System gets fu**ed up. The Cursor is on the last position. make a Ctrl+PgUp fine, just push ones the Down Key. Your on the Bottom again, but total misdrawn. The ? as Searchsymbol works fine. In Navion 4.* it worked filtering with * ...fooling around a litle with it and Navision will crash ;) so i think it's a :bug:

Anybody else has this problem?! The Table is just from scretch! Created, Codefield inserted, closed and save.

So help the new guy :D

Greets

Kristof

Comments

• tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    i tried this out with number from 000 to 040

It doesnt crash here
  • Kristof_KleinKristof_Klein Member Posts: 5
    this is strange we tried it on 2 maschines on 2 Datebases...allways the same. Tried scrolling up and down? you have to us 2 digits and the * on the last position.

make a filter on 01* than pg up than arrow down and arrow up again[more than one time]
    We now changed the Fieldtype to Text and it works!
    Setting the SQL Data Type to Integer is not possible because of leading Zeros.

With text, Uppercase and Allowed Characters from 0 to 9 it should now work ... at least Microsoft brings a bugfix ;) Than we can change on Code again :)

Greets

Kristof
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I think you might look here : http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2008/07/28/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-ctp3-update-2.aspx.
    Maybe you ran into the bug fixed by KB954342.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Thx!

We will have a look at it. The allways missing results will come, when we checked it :)
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    kriki wrote:
    I think you might look here : http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2008/07/28/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-ctp3-update-2.aspx.
    Maybe you ran into the bug fixed by KB954342.
    8)

I strongly recommend always installing the latest version (if possible) for issues like this ...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    @Waldo,

is there any proper way to be up-to-date with these updates?
    As far as I can see, I can only seek/aks for every single update to be sent (actually, to be hyperlinked) to me which is... little bit annoying.
    If that is annoying to you, then I suggest that you just keep watching my blog... .
    That's actually exactly what I do (plus some other notifications I get from readers ...).
    Sorry :-/

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    No, no, maybe I said wrong.
    It is annoying to ask through support incidents for every single update.
    I find your blog as very useful, specially with updates list. The problem is with retriving those updates from MS.
    Well, from what I have understood is that they are simplifying the process. but still, you'll have to retrieve the update through some process in Partnersource.. .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Ok, can't do much about that.
    As for this thread, still waiting for a MS to reply with update on my beautiful filtering problem...

(thx to mibuso and Valdo on references :))