Replication

aboomaraboomar Member Posts: 47
If i have server in showroom , server in warehouse and main sever for navision

i need to now if it possible make replication form warehouse to showroom and from showroom to server navision online or not

and the capacity bandwidth

if i can what the steps should i taken

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if all 3 servers are SQL Servers, use the SQl Server replication option.
    Its very easy to handle. For Bandwith. Some customer of mine use replication with an 2MBit VPN.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • aboomaraboomar Member Posts: 47
    Thanks garak

But i need to ask you about this way can make replication from warehouse server to showroom server to NAV server after finished transaction in same time
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    aboomar wrote:
    Thanks garak

But i need to ask you about this way can make replication from warehouse server to showroom server to NAV server after finished transaction in same time

Wouldn't it be much simpler (and less expensive) to have 1 database and host Terminal Server/Citrix access form the other 2 sites?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Sorry garak

one more question

can i make this replication from navision without using SQL
    Are we talking about replication between 3 NAV databases, or 1 NAV database and 2 third-party databases?
    I m talking about replication between 3 NAV databases
    aboomar wrote:
    I m talking about replication between 3 NAV databases

See my comment about Terminal Server/Citrix above.

Savings:

No need for 2 additional database servers plus OS and SQL licensing

No need to license 2 addtional NAV systems. Yes, they are separate systems and as such must be licensed.

Lower bandwidth requirements. This will vary depending on the volume of data being replicated but will likely be greater then the demand placed by TS.

Easier setup and maintenance.

Can you help me to understand the requirments that have brought you to replication?
    edited 2008-08-16
    @Luc: please delete.
    @bbrown: its true. For the firsr view, we could say on database is enought (with TS or Citrix). But in some cases (appl.) a seperate DB is very usefull (needed). Like an offline POS, with a sepereate DB.

@abo: Replication without SQL :-k .
    It's also possible, but i will not call it replication. So it's an easy file sharing to an AppServer or an NAV-Client (ok, SQL Replication is the same princp.).

but back to the question of bbrown: do you realy need 3 DB's :?:
    you're realy sure you need 3 DB's. If the customers do the same, like purchasing or sales, i would use the same dB, and let the user connect per Microsoft Terminal Service or Citrix Terminal serive.

so, this is my last post this day, because we have a festival this weeekend in Hannover ..... \:D/

Regards.
    garak wrote:
    @bbrown: its true. For the firsr view, we could say on database is enought (with TS or Citrix). But in some cases (appl.) a seperate DB is very usefull (needed). Like an offline POS, with a sepereate DB.

Regards.

Yes, I would agree that there are situtations where a seperate DB makes sense. But these rarely require replicating the entire database.
    i doen't know what aboomar need.
    We need more informations, what he mean to replicate for datas.

O, i see many spelling mistake in my posts .... so it's enought for me this evening -.....
    My client have a three sites and he want to install in every site server
    One for warehouse
    One for Showroom
    And the main server for NAV in HO
    In the beginning I suggest working should be with Citrix but he want to install on every site one server and make the replication on the main server from other Sites but in same time we finished the transaction in the sites and he thinking to work with database Cside Client
    So what can I do with this issue?
    Is your client aware that this will require licensing (aka: purchasing) three NAV systems?
    Yes he know
    What are your client's reasons for wanting 3 seperate databases versus using Terminal Services?