NAS No Event Log

ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
Hi,

I was getting messages/errors in Event viewer before 4pm. suddenly NAS not working. No messages/errors in Event viewer also. Service is in start up status.

I restart the service. But there is no event on event viewer. How can I check it out?
~~ravi

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Your NAS is correct configured :?:

the service has a Windows user, and all parameters are configured.
    Normaly the NAS writes ever a EventLog in Eventlog directory Application :-k

the NAS is looged on in your database an work (check sessions and if your jobs for NAS are execute) :?:

In some cases, to find out why NAS block, it is a good idea to debug the NAS.

For starting the NAS in debugmode, do following.

Stop the Service, be sure, your windows login is authorize to login on the database.

Open CMD. Go to the folder where your nas.exe or nassql.exe is stored.
    Type following (example for NASSQL)
    nassql debug,appservername="YourNASName",servername="DatabaseServer\NamedInstance",database="YourDatabase",
    company="YourCompany",startupparameter="YourStarUpParameter",
    objectcache=32000,nettype=tcp 

Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It might be that the event log is full. Have you tried clearing out the log and restart it?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    yes, this could also be the problem.

But if the log is full, you receive a message saying "the event log is full". To clear the event log, select Event Viewer. In the Event Viewer, you will see a list of various "events" that have occured over time. To clear the event log, select "action" and click on "clear all events". You do not need to save the event log before clearing. Do this for each log, including Application and Security.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!