ADCS Intermec CK30 Setup

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
My ADCS project has been going well. Developed using Navision on my laptop using vt100 hyperterminal. Now I have 2 Intermec CK30 handheld devices and a Motorola Access Point and cannot get the ADCS start form to load i.e. the login form.

IP addresses are

Access Point 10.1.2.1
Laptop 10.1.2.2
Handheld 1 10.1.2.3
Handheld 2 10.1.2.4

Both units can get a signal from the access point and I can ping them from the laptop. However the terminal does not show the ADCS Login screen

Any help appreciated as this challenging project is so close to the end.

Steve
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Are you able to use an emulator (i.e. Hyperterminal) on another PC in the same environment to log on to ADCS running on your laptop?
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    No I haven't been able to get that working either. Tried to hyperterminal from another PC with no joy. Took all the firewalls down and still no joy.

Ran a port checker on port 6666 on my laptop which showed the port as being open, but running the same program on another machine against my laptop sees port 6666 on my laptop as closed ](*,)

Kind of at a loss as to why externally port 6666 is seen as being blocked, and networks isn't really my thing. A client of ours has this set up and is working fine. Looks like having to go to site and hoping to plug and play.
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Yeah sometimes I find all the networking/environment challenges much more difficult to complete then getting all of the Navision code & modules built & working.

Another thing is to try using a simple switch or hub instead of an access point or other smart networking gear - so there is no chance thats the hardware causing your problem. If you have a wireless access point involved it may be trying to block the port you need or you may need to configure access point to let those 2 IP addresses use that port. Just something else to try.

Good luck.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • NatJNatJ Member Posts: 22
    Hello there

I would start off by putting hyperterminal on your ADCS\NAS machine. See if you can get access there. This will take the guess work out of your network. If you cannot get access on the same machine then look at your log files to see if there are errors with VT100plugin
  • Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    the system is working fine apart from one minor glitch. When I try to scan a barcode font Free 3 of 9 Regular (with the appropriate asterix at either end) the unit doesn't scan anything at all. Press the big button, big red light comeson, scan the barcode and nothing on the miniform.

Any ideas?

Steve