Button to send form to Ms Word in NAV5

zyyrafzyyraf Member Posts: 9
Hello

I'm using NAV 5.0sp1 with StyleSheet Tool 1.1.

I must run 'Program Selection' form from my own button on my form, to send my form to Ms Word/Excel (exsactly like clicking button 'Send Options' from toolbar.

I've try to run 'SelectStyleSheet' function from codeunit 1. 'Program selection' form is runnig but when I click on 'send' button nothing is happened.

In codeunit 1 is function LunchApp, but I don't know how to init parameters to this this ('DataXml' and 'ApplicationXML').

Does anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Part of this functionality is done by the client itself. You cannot fully replicate the Send to functionality through C/AL code...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • zyyrafzyyraf Member Posts: 9
    kine wrote:
    Part of this functionality is done by the client itself. You cannot fully replicate the Send to functionality through C/AL code...

I don't want to replace this functionality.
    I want only add to my button the same behaviour as is in toolbar, because my client don't want to use the toolbar to send forms to MS Office.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And it is what I mean. I am not talking about replace, but replicate... Only the button on toolbar generates the correct data for the function in CU1. The functions in CU1 are interface between C/AL world and the NAV client itself. And the data passed into this function are generated directly by the NAV client (fin[sql].exe). You cannot make same thing through C/AL... But you can use SendKeys to simulate the shortcuts to run the standard function (Ctrl+E or Ctrl+W).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • zyyrafzyyraf Member Posts: 9
    ooo, sorry.

Than you for info