Cash Flow Report

vivianlaivivianlai Member Posts: 22
Has anyone developed the Cash Flow report in NAV before ? I am looking for cash flow report which indiciate the in-flow of fund and out-flow of fund for all bank accounts.

Comments

• navscnavsc Member Posts: 6
    The issue is not trivial and because the companies are using different accounting policies for calculating cash flow, there is difficult to find something ready to use.

But I suppose you are looking for standard technical solution in Dynamics NAV which would be useful to do so without any additional modification in code.

If you don’t need cash flow on daily basis, could be useful Account Schedules functionality (indirect cash flow). Before just necessary to make column layout definition and assign it to cash flow Account Schedule, where the rows is defined.

If you need to calculate cash flow on daily basis (direct cash flow). I would suggest use separate dimension with values dedicated for that. Unfortunately this method creates some additional tasks, especially during registration incoming payments, when you have to split those by cash flow dimensions.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    vivianlai wrote:
    Has anyone developed the Cash Flow report in NAV before ? I am looking for cash flow report which indiciate the in-flow of fund and out-flow of fund for all bank accounts.

We have created this kind of report once. It used to group the balance account for all the transaction and then further group the same on receipt and payment side. In the bottom a summary of all banks and cash account used to appear in the following way:

Opening Balance Cash
    Opening Balance Banks

Add: Inflows (Receipts)
    Less: Outflows (Payments)

Closing Balance

Hope this will help
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in