Associating Job No. to Sales Order in NAV 5.0 SP1

davidecdavidec Member Posts: 63
Hello!

We're in the process of implementing order management in our company, using NAV 5.0 SP1. We started the "brainstorming" using NAV 4.0 SP1 and found that it was possible to associate Job Nos to Orders, both in the header and in every single line.
We upgraded to NAV 5.0 SP1 and we discovered that it's now impossible to associate a Job No. to the header (the field is missing), while it seems possible to associate it to the lines (the "Job No." field exists in the table). Two problems: first, the drop down to choose the Job looks uneditable although not set so. Second, there are some controls in the header which explicitly test that SalesLine."Job No." be blank.

Is there a way to associate single order lines to a job without changing/commenting heaps of C/AL code? And even changing lots of it? If not, can anyone figure the practical reason?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• davidecdavidec Member Posts: 63
    Please, let me clarify one thing: some people told me the purpose of jobs has changed in NAV 5.1... Now, if I wanted to get back to the old behaviour, where I could associate orders to jobs, what should I do? That is, if I need to migrate a whole 4.0 system which is based on these assumptions, how can I achieve the same results as before?

Perhaps jobs are no more the preferred solution, but the concept/possibility can't have been removed...

Any help is deeply appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    I am looking at the same problem and asking the same question. How did you resolve this ?

Bob
  • davidecdavidec Member Posts: 63
    Unfortunately we had to devise a new solution, which resulted in the development of lots of new stuff...
    Of course it was due to other issues as well... ;)
    A suggestion: in my VERY humble opinion, NAV 5 jobs are poorly documented, so if you're not absolutely positive you know what your doing, avoid them if possible, rather than trying to revert to the old behaviour!