ADCS Problem

VasuVasu Member Posts: 35
In ADCS all the configurations are done as per the Installation document given for ADCS. While connecting through the hyperterminal after giving the host address and the port no to be created, a blank screen is opened instead of the login screen given in the installation document. In the status bar of the hyperterminal it is showing as connected.

In the Event viewer of the Microsoft Console, an error event is occured with the following description:

/////////*****************////////////
Source : Navision VT100 Plugin
Description:Could not communicate with Socket localhost:11322. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
/////////*****************////////////

Comments

• Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    try the following settings for hyperterminal

hostaddress localhost
    port 6666
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • VasuVasu Member Posts: 35
    Hi,

It is working well now. The problem which i found was the NAS.
    Though the services are running the NAS is not working properly.
    After i rectified the NAS problem, then it worked well with the SQL Server DB. Moreover the Navision Database Server was also a problem which i found with this ADCS functionality and still that was not rectified.
    Then i used SQL DB and now it is working perfectly and i finally decided to continue with this SQL Server DB.

But now i have another problem that i need to implement this ADCS functionlity with the Sales and Purchase module rather than the Warehouse module. Does anyone have done the customization in ADCS to suite my requirement.?

Thanks,
    Vasu
  • Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Glad you goit it working.

I have done various ADCS bits and pieces mostly creating holding tables and populating these with scanned details, then posting the lot at the end to pick goods, post BOM journals, check items in a transfer order. Its quite straight forward if you keep it simple
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • VasuVasu Member Posts: 35
    Hi Toddy,

Thanks for ur reply. :D

Happy to hear that you have done many such pieces. Can you sugggest me how to continue with my requirement.

I need to use the Item Tracking functionality with ADCS.
    i.e I need to scan a barcode from the item and use it in navision item tracking functionality. have you done this before. If you have any such prototype of any customization done, please share with me which will be usefull for me. I am unable to proceed further on where to start and where to code.

Any such help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Vasu