Changing Status of Production Order from Released to Finish

tdn1234tdn1234 Member Posts: 47
Dear All,

I would like to know whether it is mandatory to book output for a production order before changing the status of a production order to finished from released under the following circumstances:

- Consumption is booked by mistake by user.
- Conusmption is booked by mistake by user using consumption journal which is reversed using consumption journal.

Under both the above circumstances no output is booked but consumption is booked by user.

Please try to check the above transactions in both Nav 3.7 & 4.3 versions.

Thanks.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yes my memory tells me you have to produce an output journal. I believe the argument from Microsoft was that once you get to that stage you have to finish it, so the solution is to book them in, and then remove them, making sure you book a full quantity related to the consumption and labour costs, and ensuring your removal costs match the produced costs.

Not a great answer and I am sure they were going to resolve this in 5 or NAV2009, but it is certainly true of version 4 or before and has been discussed here or on http://dynamicsuser.net/ previously.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Yes you must post an output journal like AdamRoue says, it's because if not you'll have problems with WIP and cost reversing in NAV.
    In some versions of NAV even in 4.0 without any SP I think it's possible to change status to finished without any output. But this is a bug and and if you do so you'll have problems with that the WIP value never finds any output so you'll have an amount on WIP that's difficult to get rid of.