Embedded Visual Control in Navision

dietmarruefdietmarruef Member Posts: 48
Hello folks!

I want to integrate a tree structure (windows forms) in Navision, because the customer is not satisfied with the standard Navision trees (like form 703). I saw some examples in Delpi and .net the integrate this in a subform.

The problem is that the delphi code is free but in the .net components it isn't. The delphi standard tree does not satisfy the customer requirements. I need to expand the functionality. I don't want to start develop this component with delphi because my focus is in .net.

Now I will be very glad if somebody can post some .net code how to get the windows handle with c# or vb.net .

Kind regards,
Dietmar

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=499
    but Delphi (easy to migrate to C#)

But i doesn't understand, why you need an external progamm.
    You could also develop this in NAV with C/AL Code.

If your customer doesn't like the NAV style (like in Form 703) why do you not create your own "style" like the treeview under windows like
    [+]-Descripton
    [+]-Description 2
    [-]-Description 3
        |-[+]-Text  
        |-[+]-Text 2
        |-[-]-Text3
              |-Comment
              |-Comment            

or with folders like "EXPLORER" Style. For the folder pictures you can use the font Wingdings (0 for closed folder, 1 for open folder) or a bitmap of the folders. PictureBoxes also have (since 4) the OnPush() Trigger.

This code to writ in C/AL is very simple and you doesn't need to install the ocx or dll an all local PCs (if you doesn't work with TerminalService)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • dietmarruefdietmarruef Member Posts: 48
    Hello garak!

Thank you for your fast answer. I know this control already and tried to migrate the code to .net. But without any delphi experience the propability to success is very small. A .net code example would help me a lot.

The problem is, that in Navision the functionalies of such a tree control are always limited. The customer wants colors, runtime searching, dnd, etc. This functions cannot be done. Yes, the customer uses terminal server. :D

A little introduction or a piece of .net code would help me a lot.

Kind regards,
    Dietmar