[RESOLVED] ADCS Hyperterminal Random Cursor Location and

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
After a lot of pain I have successfully been able to do something with ADCS. However the forms look incorrect on the vt100 Hyperterminal emulation with the cursor moving to random places on the form, so to counteract this does anyone know the answer to the following - because I can't work it out !!

How does ADCS determine the cursor location when using hyperterminal vt100?

What is the limitation on the number of lines that can be displayed on a miniform, this seems to change between selection list and card?

What is the relevance of the No. of Records in List if there is a limitation on the number of lines (above)?

Hope someone can help.
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Comments

• Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Still can't work out why the login screen positions the cursor correctly on the input field, yet the card I created positions the cursor 2 lines below the last miniform entry in the center of the screen.

Anyone ??? ](*,) ](*,)
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • BBlueBBlue Member Posts: 90
    So as I understand the cursor is wrongly positioned after the last input instead of showing the next miniform.

There is a function LastEntryField in CU 7701 which returns if the current input field is the last or not. In case it's the last input field, the next miniform is called. Check in CU 7705 for example:

IF ADCSCommunication.LastEntryField(CurrentCode,FldNo) THEN BEGIN
          ADCSCommunication.GetNextMiniForm(MiniformHeader,MiniformHeader2);

...and see how ActiveInputField is calculated.
    I hope this helps.

Regards.
    //Bogdan
  • Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Hi BBlue

Thanks for the post, I'm in the process of resolving this issue.

It seems the location of the cursor is relevant to the field no. on the miniform. I am using the same table for a number of miniforms with each miniform providing different values. So some mini forms want the Item No.,as this is in position 4 on the table I am using, it sends the cursor to the fourth row on the terminal.

I have restructured the table to have 20 entry fields at the start of the table, I specify these entry fields on the miniforms and process the information as it comes in. Shock and horror the cursor now behaves normally.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/