Could not load selected type library

navigate11navigate11 Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have the following problem. On one client in an 4.0 navision environment the messages, mentioned above, occurs, when the user wants to create an interaction from the contact contact card and chooses the type "Attachment" - in this case with a word document. When the interactive template (Word) should open, the message "Could not load selected type library" pops up.

Does anyone know which dll or ocx file I have to register in this case? Or how did others solve such a problem?

Thanks

S.K.

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Name     DataType     Subtype
    wrdApp   Automation   Unknown Automation Server.Application {00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 8.1

Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Sounds like your client is missing the above TypeLib reg key. Or possibly related to older version of Word installed. I don't believe it is as simple as running RegAsm/Regsvr32 to register the type lib/dll for this situation.

Locate the WordManagement Codeunit (5054) and look at the local variable automation declarations within the 'CreateWordAttachment' function.

What version of Word/Office is installed?

Does the above registry Key exist?
  • navigate11navigate11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi xypher,

thanks for your fast reply.

The registry key does exist with two subfolders 8.3 and 8.4.

Word 2003 is installed on the machine.

The local variable declarations within the CreateWordAttachment in CU5054 are the following:

Name,DataType,Subtype,Length
    Attachment,Record,Attachment
    AttachmentManagement,Codeunit,AttachmentManagement
    wrdApp,Automation,Unknown Automation Server.Application
    wrdDoc,Automation,Unknown Automation Server.Document
    wrdMergefile,Automation,'Navision Attain ApplicationHandler'.MergeHandler
    FileName,Text,260
    MergeFileName,Text,260
    ParamInt,Integer

S.K.