[solved] (Dev) Report basic stuff help

redhotmustangredhotmustang Member Posts: 91
Hi,

I'm a newbie and I don't understand most of the stuff in NAV development.
Please help me by answering to some simple questions.

My report has a main tab (not the request form's tab) which has 3 Required Filter Fields: Class, "Lesson Code", "Module Code"

This is the structure: Class --> Lesson Code --> Module Code. That is, one class has a lesson code, inside the lesson code there are modules.

I need to make an error message appear, if the user fills out the 2 first fields and leaves the third empty. this error message should only appear if there any modules belonging to the chosen "lesson code". If there aren't any, no error message appears.

The issue is that I don't know how to use the information entered in the fields. That is, if the user entered "MAT 1" in the module field how can I call this?

I used the data item var name, followed by the req filter field name but nothing is returned.

Second question, this third filter field does not show the lookup button. What do I have to do to make this happen?

Third question, if I used a Request Form, how could I connect these type of fields (the ones above) to the tables where the information is? I mean Class field should be used to lookup the Classes available. What properties must set to do this?

Yes, I'm lost. :roll:

Tkx.
Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)

Comments

• redhotmustangredhotmustang Member Posts: 91
    I already know the answers.

1. Use the GETFILTER function.
    2. Insert that field's table relation on its table.
    3. Insert code in the table relation property of that text box.

Tkx.
    Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)