Changing the font size of mulitple text boxes at a time

fortius_cvafortius_cva Member Posts: 70
Hi All,
Is it possible to change font size of muliple text boxes at the same time as just like selecting multiple text boxes and dragging them.Please Let me know me know the solution , if it is possible.... [/b]
Thank You
Friend Ship is just like breeze.. you can't smell it, touch it,hold it.

Comments

• rocatisrocatis Member Posts: 163
    In any decent development system (and any program, basically), selecting multiple objects and right clicking should bring up a menu showing the common properties for all selected objects.

NAV is not a decent development system.
    Brian Rocatis
    Senior NAV Developer
    Elbek & Vejrup
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    rocatis wrote:

This is a bit harsh lol :lol: I'd call it a stripped down, streamlined environment for rapid development of erp solutions.....

Granted there a things which we would all like to see in the NAV design environment, but hey we can't have everything.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    To be honest though, NAV is not a development system at all, it is an ERP system that is easy to modify. I don't think anybody ever claimed that it is anything else.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    what i usually do is i name controls that are ment to have the same font with suffix 'FM1', 'FM2' etc (stands for FontMaster - a property of controls in Delphi's Rave report designer) then when i need to change the font for all those controls belonging e.g. to 'FM1' i export the object in text format and change font properties of all the components with 'FM1' in their name, then reimport the modified text file back
    That sounds like a very smart solution, but I wonder... if you're in the property page to change the name of the control anyway, isn't it just as easy to just change the font in there?
  • redhotmustangredhotmustang Member Posts: 91
    rocatis wrote:

Totally agree, finally someone said this kind of thing about NAV. It seemed it would be a sin to critise NAV. :D
    Granted there a things which we would all like to see in the NAV design environment, but hey we can't have everything.

Sure, we can't have everything, but at least the basics one would expect to have. I'm becoming a little disapointed with NAV, and I just starting developing in NAV. I wonder why Microsoft did not included some basic stuff in NAV? MS bought Navision in 2002 or so. Where are things like CTRL+Z (undo), multiple select and edit properties and so on? Where are the basic stuff?

:D Please, don't be offended, but...
    Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)
    It seemed it would be a sin to critise NAV. :D
    It's not a sin to be critical at all, it's just that we've had this discussion before. In fact one of the biggest threads in mibuso history is about this very topic. You're not at that point yet where you realize that NAV IS NOT A DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT :mrgreen:

<edit>check out the statistics page here</edit>
    How do you define NAV then?

(statistics)WOW, Portugal is on the 14th place with 195 users!! The homeland of Cristiano Ronaldo! ;)
    Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)
    DenSter wrote:
    NAV is not a development system at all, it is an ERP system that is easy to modify
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    If NAV is not a development system, why do companies engage Navision developers, why is there a solution developer module, developer exam?
    NAV is definitely not easy to modify also...Word allows me to change selected font size faster...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Strange

I though C/Side stood for

Client Server Integrated Development Environment.

Granted it's an 20 year old environment that needs a face lift, but it's Dev environment.

I'm sure MS has plans for it. For NAV User/ Business requirements have always been more important than the Dev IDE.

It is what it is and hopefully MS will do something about it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    if you're in the property page to change the name of the control anyway, isn't it just as easy to just change the font in there

primarily i use it in the sections of reports.
    imagine you need to have 3-4 different fonts in a report and decide to bold one of these fonts or change its size?
    Ok that MS thinks first about the users rather than the developers, but... come on where are the basic basic stuff? Where are the MS conventions that we are used to?

For example, when we are in menusuite designer making new folders is different of creating new folder on windows explorer. It's super confusing when we try it for the first times.

Where is the UNDO in the report section designer? Where is the cursor moving boxes functions there?

MS would have a lot to win if they just implemented the basic. I don't understand, they only have to update NAV to do the same things any other office or windows program does.

Even Notepad is a better code editor than Nav's...
    I'm shocked.

PS: Bill Gates, please read this.
    ok well how much are you ready to pay for the things to be implemented ?
    non essentials get implemented after (if at all) the most crucial things without which you cant drive at all
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142

Sorry Retired..
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200802 ... -take-two/

I love that vid :mrgreen:
    ara3n wrote:
    Strange

I though C/Side stood for

Client Server Integrated Development Environment.

Granted it's an 20 year old environment that needs a face lift, but it's Dev environment.
    Strange coming from you, because you should know what I mean by that.

The primary purpose of NAV is to serve as an ERP system, not to provide a development platform. You don't use NAV to create an application, you use its IDE to modify the ERP functionality. Granted you can create and add functionality, but essentially NAV is NOT a development environment. Visual Studio for instance is a development platform, you use it to create applications. It is not used for anything else but developing applications.

NAV IS NOT a development environment, it CONTAINS one. I am not denying that it could use a facelift, but I have gone beyond complaining about it, because I have accepted it for what it is. It serves the purpose that it was created for perfectly. I still stand by my claim that this clunky 20 year old IDE is more productive than any other development tool by a factor of 10, which might very well be because it is part of an ERP system, and not a development platform.

Anyway, we're starting the same discussion again, which is a bit of a waste of time.
    Savatage wrote:

Sorry Retired..
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200802 ... -take-two/

I love that vid :mrgreen:

Microsoft Bob, BG idea. LOL
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Well someone developed sudoku for Navision... :lol:
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    NAV IS NOT a development environment, it CONTAINS one.

To paraphrase it, the development environment that NAV CONTAINS, sucks :mrgreen:

Just kidding. It's no use to talk about this. It is what it is.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

ara3n wrote:
    To paraphrase it, the development environment that NAV CONTAINS, sucks :mrgreen:

Just kidding. It's no use to talk about this. It is what it is.
    My point exactly :mrgreen:
    ara3n wrote:
    Microsoft Bob, BG idea. LOL
    Bill's wife used to manage MS BOB when they were dating (check this out), maybe there's a connection there :mrgreen: