Where the Captions text is saved in the database

abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
Dear All,

Can anybody tell me where the Captions text is saved in the database.
Ahmad Bani Naser
Dynamics NAV Developer

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Captions are saved in the object's design, it's not data in any field.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Can I see all the captions in one shot.... I'm going to change all the captions from English to Arabic....
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    abnainas wrote:
    Can I see all the captions in one shot.... I'm going to change all the captions from English to Arabic....

You should be trying to add captions in another language (CaptionML), instead of trying to change existing ones.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Please do not change the caption from english to arabic.
    Use for this the property CaptionML (MultiLanguage ;-) )
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    I used the CaptionML, but it didn't work. Cause NAV dose'nt have an arabic language module. When you go Tools >> Languages. you find only the english.
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You have to copy the arabic language folder into your NAV install folder.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    An arabic language module :-k i doesn't know this.

I only know

Bulgarian,Croatian,Czech,Danish,Dutch (Belgium),Dutch (Netherlands),English (Australia),English (Canada),English (Ireland),English (New Zealand),English (Philippines),English (United Kingdom),Estonian,Finnish (Finland),French (Belgium),French (Canada),French (France),French (Swiss),Greek,German (Austrian),German (Germany),German (Swiss),Hungarian,Icelandic,Italian (Italy),Italian (Switzerland),Latvian,Lithuanian,Norwegian (Norway - Bokmal),Polish,Portuguese,Romanian,Russian,Serbian (Latin),Slovak,Slovenian,Spanish (Mexico),Spanish (Spain),Swedish,Thai, or Turkish.

But if the Arabic Module exists, then you can found it under partnersource.

If you found your needed Language module, you can import ths as following:

!! You must ensure that your database has enough space to store this new language layer !!

To add the language module to your application, follow this procedure:

1. Extract the XXX.exe (e.g. XXX=GER for German) file to your Navision\Client folder. This will create

· A new subfolder in your Client folder for the new language.

· A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager folder for the new language

· A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager\Templates folder for the new language.

2. Start Navision.

3. In the Object Designer, select all objects.

4. On the Tools menu, select Language Module, and then Import.

5. In the Language Module Import dialog box, browse to the new subfolder and select the .flm file and click OK.

Then, import the language layer.
    1. When you have imported the language module, you must close Navision.

2. Restart Navision and on the Tools menu, select Language.

a. In the Application Languages dialog box, select the new language and click OK. The application now switches to the new language.

b. In order to run Business Notifications in the added language, the Operating System has to reflect the new language module you have installed.

You have now added the language layer to your application.

Regads
    Do you make it right, it works too!