Multiline textbox

tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
Hi,

I created a field in one of my own tables:

Enabled Field No. Field Name Data Type Length Description
Yes 16 Opmerking Text 250

Now when i add this field to the card form, it's show the textbox on 1 line...

This is not looking good cause i changed the size to a much smaller box, but much heigher,

so that the user could enter 5 different lines or so.

I changed the property of the textbox to multiline but i'm not able to type on different lines, when i press enter to go to a new line
my text gets selected...

Also the cursor is even heigh as my textbox its height so the cursor is 5 times larger then text line:

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... inehu4.jpg

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I'm afraid that's just the way it works. When you're entering text in a multiline box, it's all on one line, but when you leave the textbox (try it, enter 250 characters of text in there) it will show on multiple lines.

You can change the alignment so that the text starts at the top left corner.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You can force the system to create a new line by using backslash, but during you are typing in your text it will look like you describe it.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    lol, i see now... i was looking for a kind of property or so.

This isnt exactly nice, cause the client cant choose now when he wants a new line. ](*,)
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Well it's not a text editor, it's just a textbox that is able to show the entire value broken up into multiple lines. If you want a text editor, take a look at Waldopad, it's in the download section.
  • tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    thanks, i'll take a look at it
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    but if you need a TextEditor to store multiLines, check under the download section for Waldos NavPad (.net). The lines you can store in a separate Table (line for line in new record) or into an blob (StreamIn / Streamout)
    Do you make it right, it works too!