Restore Problem

lloydflloydf Member Posts: 73
I am trying t restore a Navision Database Server Backup (V4 SP1)
Into a clean Native database V4SP1.

I am restoring both data and objects for all companies (there is only one company)
The restore starts without any problem however as soon as the progress bars reach 100% the restore crashes out with the following error..

File xxxxx.fbk was not found

When I gointo the database nothing has been restored and the file does exist as this is the file I used for the restore!!

I am doing this in preparation for an upgrade to V5SP1 SQL upgrade.

Please help!!

Comments

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Probably you have big database and Fbk file has more than 2GB.
    If backup has more than 2 GB there is more than one *.Fbk file. You must find rest of fbk's files and copy to the same location when restoring.
  • lloydflloydf Member Posts: 73
    Thanks for your reply.
    The database is very big, 18GB. The fbk is 2.5 GB, I did not know that Navision creates more than one FBK. There is only one in the location where I created the backup.
    How are they split up?
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    i don't remember name of file exactly, but second file must be in the same location where you put backup. Maybe this is *.fb1 or something like that. Sort by size and you should find it.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    NAV puts a number at the end of the file when it needs to split the backup file. If you know that your backup is going to be more than 1 file, then give the filename a number 1 at the end, for instance "20080811 Backup-01.fbk". NAV will aotumatically create the second file as "20080811 Backup-02.fbk"

You're saying though that your backup file is 2.5 GB, so that is a SQL Server backup file?