Creating new company

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi Everybody,

I have got a problem when creating a new company. When the clients creates a new company with his own license there are a series of errors whcih crop us such as:

You do not have permission to run the EP Web Part Request Table
Teh General Ledger Setup Invocie Rounding have to be in whole places only.

These errors do not crop up if the company in the same db is created using the developer's license even though the clients uses his own license from then on.

Can anyone guide me through thsi problem?

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This is a stupid flaw in Navision which is not addressed in 4.0, not sure about later versions... I've previously posted regarding this issue as well.
    The accepted way to create a new company is by backing up & restoring an existing company & cleansing the data.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    could u explain some more .............. :-k
    reema
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Which part you want to be explained more?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    you create a backup (fbk file) with the existing company data included into it and then you restore it into a newly created database clean up data and rename a company as you want it to be named, then (if you want to have both old and new companies in one database) you back up your new company and restore into original database
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Right. Ok we'll check out this solution with the client and will let you know the outcome.