Navision license

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I want to know how does the Navision License affects the table fields? And if it does how can i get extra fields to work with my current license?

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    "Field No." of your extra fields has to be within your licensed range of numbers.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Field numbers between 50000-99999 should be alright.
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    the license that i have allows me only 10 tables and in one of my tables i have fields from 50000 to 50020. what is going wrong then. Because the field number is with 50000 - 99999
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is nothing wrong. The fields are automatically allowed for 50000..99999 but the objects are just in the IDs which your partner inserted into your License.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Which table are you trying to modify? Is it an existing table that is already in NAV, or is it a new table just for your own use?

If it's a new table, then you will need to find out which numbers you can use. Your license should have come with a configuration file, in which it will tell you what numbers of different objects are in your license.
    If the table no. is within your individual licensed range of numbers then you can also use other field no.
    The table number is 5200 which is by default NAV table.
    First of all you need to have the table designer granule in your license, so that you can modify table design. Then you will need to have access to the table itself, as even with table designer, you will not be able to modify tables that are not part of any purchased granules.

Adding a field in the 50000-99999 range in that case should work. What exactly is the error message?
    I do not have permission to that table please contact the administrator.

When someone buys a license from microsoft, the default tables; that is tables already created does my license includes these or not?
  • Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    DenSter wrote:
    First of all you need to have the table designer granule in your license, so that you can modify table design. Then you will need to have access to the table itself, as even with table designer, you will not be able to modify tables that are not part of any purchased granules.

Adding a field in the 50000-99999 range in that case should work. What exactly is the error message?

So does this mean that even tho I got a developers lic with the table designer granule I cant add a field in a standard NAV table?
    Yes, if you don't choose a field no. within your individual range of numbers.
    asembereng wrote:

When someone buys a license from microsoft, the default tables; that is tables already created does my license includes these or not?
    You should be able to use theese tables, but if you don't have the table designer granule you aren't able to modify them.
    Johan_007 wrote:
    So does this mean that even tho I got a developers lic with the table designer granule I cant add a field in a standard NAV table?
    Correct. You can have the table designer in your license, and not have access to a table, because you don't have that table in your license. So let's say for instance that you do not have any Service Management granules. Even with the table designer, you will not have access to the Service Item table.
    asembereng wrote:

So you don't have access to the table, which means that you can't run it, which means that even if you were able to add a field, you would not be able to use it. So it would be pointless to have the ability to add a field to this table, because you won't be able to use it.
  • Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    Ah... Asembereng, dont get confussed here.. I did. You have your Tables in the Object Designer and when you want to add a field in the Table Designer view you have the Field No. ... There you set the field number between 50000 and 99999 if you want to add a field in a Standard NAV table.