User Roles Problem

mxlimmxlim Member Posts: 21
Hi all,

I need guidance on the user roles setup where the user is not allowed to delete Purchase Order & Sales Order by setting Purchase Header, Purchase Line, Sales Header, Sales Line = not allowed to delete.

This will block the user when posting of invoice. Because posting of invoice needs to delete PO/SO. And I need to allow the user to post PO/SO but disallow user from deleting PO/SO.

Hope my question is clear..thanks in advance!

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    An order is deleted when it is posted as received and invoiced from the order form.

When it is invoiced using invoices, the order is not deleted, but it needs to be deleted separately by using a batch job, whenever required.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • andreicandreic Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

In order to allow users to delete SO/PO during posting you can give permissions in the posting codeunit(80 for SO, 90 for PO). The permissions are set on the codeunit properties. You just add the tables and put the delete allowed checkmark.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, you can use the indirect permissions to that. Assign just indirect permissions to the users, they will be not able to delete the records manually. Be sure, that the posting routine has permissions to delete in these tables and you are done. Or you can do some modifications in OnDelete trigger, because posting routine is not calling it but if user wants to delete it manually, it is called. But you will need to think it through because there can be situations, when the user needs to delete the header too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mxlimmxlim Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the reply..will try it out soon. How could I forgot about Indirect permissions :shock: