Problem with Roles and Permission

hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
Hi people from mibuso, I have a problem with the permission in Navision.
I do not understand very well as operating, I explain them because:
I have two roles that are common to all users, one gives permission to enable users to run all codeunits and the other to run all the Forms and tables, king size there are other roles that give permission to certain parts of the system and here comes the cannot understand, if I have a role that gives permission to all tables but exits other role removes this permission about the tables because it does not pass the same Forms or Codeunits?.
I thought that always prevail the role more restrictive but not is the case for Forms and codeunit, somebody knows why?
I need, without modifying the roles general, certain users can run certain codeunits.
many thanks to all, regards

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Permission system in NAV is positive. If some role assigned to the user gives him access to some object, you cannot "remove" or "forbid" the permissions by another role. It means that result is union of all permissions from all roles assigned to the user.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
    ok, that is comprehensible, but it is that: one of the general roles gives permission for all the Tables, now if I think another role and does not give permission to a particular table, the user cannot access more to this table. On the other hand I have another role general that gives permission to all the codeunits and if I do the same that I did with the tables not responsible for the same way, the user continues to have access to all the codeunits, that is what I do not understand, why the tables a role restinge to another and with the codeunits does not pass it?. Thank you for your time.
    regards.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    one of the general roles gives permission for all the Tables, now if I think another role and does not give permission to a particular table, the user cannot access more to this table.

This is not true... if you already have access to the table, you will have it regardless other roles. (if there is no some customization doing that...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
    ok, thank you for your help, will investigate that may be happening. thanks again. best regards