How to Apply Payment

arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
Hi All,

In Navision 4.0 and 5.0 how can I apply payment against an Invoice or Sales Order ? I mean what is the proper method to record payment from the customer ?

Regards,
Arindam

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you say Invoice or Sales Order
    - so are you talking about a prepayment of an unposted Invoice or Sales order??
    -Or has the Invoice or Sales Order been posted?
  • arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
    I want to apply payment after Invoice or Sales Order is posted.

Is there any way that I can apply payment before posting Invoice or Sales Order ? I think this is not possible.

Waiting for your feedback.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Open "Cash REceipt Journal".
    Insert there a line of "Document Type" PAYMENT (if it is a payment).
    Fill the "Document No.", the "Account Type", the "Account No.", the "Applies-to Doc. Type", the "Applies-to Doc. No." (or Function -> Apply Entries) and your "Description". If your Journal doesn't have a default "Bal. Account No." you must also fill these fields. Now you can apply you invoice with a payment.

If you has posted an payment without apply to a / some invoice(s) / cr. memos, you can apply the enties on form "custromer Ledger Entries" -> Function -> "Apply Entries". These all is also described in some manuals (i know, i say it ever, but please people read this docs) and in the Online Help (Press Button HELP on Journal Form).

Regards and enjoy NAVision
    Do you make it right, it works too!