Date Flow filter on 5.01

cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
Hi All

I have found out that when you set a flow filter on a date in 5.01 then it wont work (will not show you the correct amount on the specific date, and when you look at the transactions the filter will not be there), it seems like all other fiels is working fine.

Have any of you found the same problem and how do you solved it??

Look forward to hear from you.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you some specific example? Your description is too wide...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
    It's in ALL cases it's not working :-)

If you want to see your inventory at a specific date on a specific locations it will show you the location correct but when you go from the card into the transactions it will show you ALL transactions (don't set the datefilter)
    It is because the Inventory field on the Item is not using Date Filter to calculate the result. It is each time "Actual Inventory". If you want to see Inventory for some time in past, you need to use "Net Change" field with date filter filter like "..010108" etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hmm but those method I just described is working in 4.xx so that's why the customer is a bit confused why it not work in the new. So I actually more think it's a standard error from Microsoft
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Field "Inventroy" in item table Never be linked with FlowFilter Posting Date, so without little customization flowfilter on date has no effect on this field.

But i agree with that there is some filters bug in 5.01..
    For exmpl. Try to set filter on Posting date on G/L entry then filter Account No. on 5*. Nav 5.01 crash, earlier version not.
    Even in NAV 4.00 is this field not connected to the Date Filter. It must be some customization if you have it Date depending. Inventory field was never date filtered...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hmm my problem is that I was not the consultant for them in 4.xx and i'm not developer, but as far I know you can't customize that standard filter from Microsoft to get to work with date??
    You can modify the field definition without problem if you have table designer...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hmm can you explain a bit more in detail I have the object designer and a dev. license so no problem that way!
    Please, do not modify this field. It can have wide effect to the system. Just use the "Net Change" field or create own field with same definition but with the filter applied and use it where you need. Changing this basic standard field when you do not know what you are doing is not good.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear Kine

Can you maybe help with the code who have to be added on the net change and also tell in what table!!

THX
    Hi again Kine

I have just checked on T27 and the netchange and there is a filter on Posting date, so that's not the problem.
    I have solve the problem now, so this one is finish!!
    If your problem is solved, do not forget to add "[SOLVED]" as a prefix into the first post subject...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.