Invoice rounding problem

sharransharran Member Posts: 14
HI
im using nav5.0sp1 indian version, im using purchase invoice and i have tagged the structure with VAT.

after all the calcualtions posted that invoice.
for eg-

amount - 14.12
vat - 2
so total - 16.12
so the invoice rounding should take -.12 so instead of the above said value its taking -.11 and the vendor amt shows 16.01

kindly suggest me where did go wrong ](*,)

thanks in advance
with warm regards

sharran
--Navision Developer --

Comments

• McClaneMcClane Member Posts: 40
    I just can tell you about my experiences in Nav3.70, but when using rounding, we sometimes have the same problems with invoices. Our Item prices contain up to 5 post decimal positions. When printing the invoice, they are rounded to two post decimal positions. But Navision calculates the sums of the lines, the VAT and the Total Sum using the not rounded price, so that the results on the invoice is sometimes incorrect, if you added by hand the amounts that are printed on the invoice.

But: if you don´t want to have invoices with more than two post decimal positions, there´ll be no way to avoid this behavior in some cases. When a customer mentiones, that our invoice sums are incorrect, we can explain that the sums are correct, because only the line amounts are rounded.