Navision 5.01 client installation error

pushpraj1008pushpraj1008 Member Posts: 33
Hi.

I'm getting error while installing Navision 5.01 client onWindow Server 2008.The description of Error is given below.

Error : 1935: An error occured during the installation of assembly component.

(98CB24AD-52FB-D85F-A01F-C88389A1E18E)

HRESULT : 0x800736CC.

[/code][/b]
Regards
Pushpraj

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    As I know, NAV is not certified for Win Server 2008 (or is this changed ? ). Ask your Navision partner or let them create a support ticket on PartnerSource.
    It's possible, that MS have a patch (non public) for this issue.

An other known issue is following: please check the install. folder on your Product CD / DVD. Some language versions are delivered with a directory with the name “CSIDE Client500SP1” (or so), but the installer (msi) is looking (in my oppinion) for “CSIDE Client”. So, the install folder can not be found.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Very (very!) recently, there is a platform update for 5.0 Sp1.
    More info here.

It is not included in my listyet, that will be soon. I will call it Update 1 for 5.0 Sp1 :)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    god to know waldo, so your work -> update your version list ;-)
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    I requested the update to know the details. Only then, I can update it... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Windows Server 2008 is Vista SP1. I have the NAV 5SP1 client installed on it and it has been running without a problem.
    Since Windows 2008 has the same security issues as Vista, you need to make the same security changes so the client will run.
    Waldo - I see you changed your entry. When I looked for the rollup patch it was not there - this is the reponse I received from Microsoft:

I understand that you are trying to locate the platform update rollup for NAV 5.0 SP1 as referenced in KB article 956161 and are being directed to the SP1 download page when following the link.

It has come to our attention that the KB article was published before the update was made available. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update all open incidents with new information on the platform update as it becomes available
    what do you mean, I changed my entry?

I got the same message from Microsoft. Let's wait a couple of days :).

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    I read your second entry - like Microsoft, I posted before I was ready :D
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    I briefly read the description of the update during my vacation, and was pleased to see that it included quite a lot of fixes. =D>
    Now, after my vacation I expected to request it for evaluation, but now I can't even read about it. ](*,)
    Waldo wrote:
    Let's wait a couple of days :).
    I really really need an ETA of the update - anyone with additional information? I think the "couple of days" are long gone... :cry:
    Regards
    Peter
    Microsoft has stated it is not supported yet.
    They did suggest installing part of Visual Studio for the C routines.

No wonder MS is having problems with their new OS releases when they cannot get their own divisions to support them until months after they are released.
  • jacobrehmanjacobrehman Member Posts: 4
    I got the feeling that this would work. I´m a bit upset right now.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2 ... plications

But I guess I only got myself too blame for not checking out how Win server 2008 and NAV 5.01 hold together.
    You are not to blame...
    Currently Compatible Applications
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Future Compatible Applications and Windows Server 2008 SKUs
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

However; my problem is not Windows 2008 nor SQL 2008, but I really need to know when this update becomes available. Please Microsoft, either release it or say appr. when it will become available...
    Regards
    Peter
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Jacob I think you should get in touch with Microsoft technical support. If you are not a NAV partner then go through your NAV partner. I am pretty sure that they are working on compatibility, and sometimes they have a patch that is not yet ready for general release. They should also know that the Windows Server 2008 people are making false compatibility claims.
    Waldo wrote:
    Very (very!) recently, there is a platform update for 5.0 Sp1.
    More info here.
    The link is available again - now we just need to get hold of the actual update :-)
    Regards
    Peter
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    davmac1 wrote:
    Microsoft has stated it is not supported yet.
    They did suggest installing part of Visual Studio for the C routines.

No wonder MS is having problems with their new OS releases when they cannot get their own divisions to support them until months after they are released.

<RANT>
    This is quite amazing really.

On one side we have Microsoft asking "why aren't people upgrading to Vista" and on the other side, so many Microsoft application that wont run on it.

I think that if they really want Vista to get serious market penetration, then they need to go to all their divisions and say "hey what do we need to do TOGETHER to make this product run on Vista".

And the answer to that should not be "Oh just purchase the latest version of everything". They need to get their feet in the real world and understand that many companies can not just do a big bang and upgrade everything at once, they need to do it step by step.

I know many companies on 3.70 that want to upgrade the company to Vista but can't.

Basically all the MS division need to get together and resolve this. Its no surprise that most hard ware companies are still offering XP with their Desktop and laptop computers.
    </RANT>
    David Singleton
    I liked this one:

Prerequisites
    You must have Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix.

The problem I got is to install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1, so I realy dont know what to do :)

I have started a support case with Microsoft. I will post any news I get from them.
    Now I got the update from MS and got it installed locally. Misc. info:
    The update is 146 mb.
    The build no. is 27191.
    No "conversion" of SQL db needed. (So it is possible to have a mix of clients - with and without the update)
    So far no negative surprises =D>
    PS: No, I don't have any Win2008 nor SQL2008 server available for testing...
    Regards
    Peter
  • Jascha_VinckeJascha_Vincke Member Posts: 12
    Prerequisites
    You must have Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix.

The problem I got is to install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service Pack 1, so I realy dont know what to do :)

Every client hotfix can be applied manually to the latest product cd. You can apply the hotfix to the product installation routine and this will MAYBE work (not tested with this issue, yet).
    X[1]:=126;X[2]:=67;X[3]:=47;X[4]:=65;X[5]:=76;X[6]:=32;X[7]:=114;X[8]:=111;X[9]:=120;X[10]:=120;X[11]:=120;X[12]:=126;
    FOR I:=1 TO 12 DO S+=X;MESSAGE(S);
    Jascha Vincke wrote:
    Every client hotfix can be applied manually to the latest product cd. You can apply the hotfix to the product installation routine and this will MAYBE work (not tested with this issue, yet).

Yes, I´ve tested it, and it worked fine. But it´s a bit anoying when you have to do a installation on 4 servers that way and manually update the SP1 when you got a .msi for it.
  • Jascha_VinckeJascha_Vincke Member Posts: 12
    This is quite a nice information. Well, can this thread now marked as solved?
    X[1]:=126;X[2]:=67;X[3]:=47;X[4]:=65;X[5]:=76;X[6]:=32;X[7]:=114;X[8]:=111;X[9]:=120;X[10]:=120;X[11]:=120;X[12]:=126;
    FOR I:=1 TO 12 DO S+=X;MESSAGE(S);
    I have got this from Microsoft:
    ACTION PLAN:
    You probably choose not to install SQL Express Edition on the client. Therefore you need to install Visua C++ 2005 SP1 "x86 " on top of your Windows Serve r2008 x64 or x86 installation.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en