Automatic kit construction

taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
Hi Experts,
I need help once again. Hope you could give me some tips :

Is there any standard way to compose a kit automatically each time the kit components are received ?
We are using only the distribution module not the production one. Some products are only sold assembled. Components should never be sold alone.
Creating a report that uses a BOM Journal to make this task as automated as possible would be a solution, but i was wondering whether there is a standard way to do it.
By the way, is there a way to prevent child elements to be sold ?

thx

Taher

Answers

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    taher.bha wrote:
    Hi Experts,
    I need help once again. Hope you could give me some tips :

Is there any standard way to compose a kit automatically each time the kit components are received ?
    We are using only the distribution module not the production one. Some products are only sold assembled. Components should never be sold alone.
    Creating a report that uses a BOM Journal to make this task as automated as possible would be a solution, but i was wondering whether there is a standard way to do it.
    By the way, is there a way to prevent child elements to be sold ?

thx

Taher

The easiest way is to create a process only report that manually gets triggered.

The 2nd easiest way is to create a process only report have set it up on the job scheduler.

The hardest way is to run the code whenever you do a purchase receipt or inventory adjustment. But the last way will net you more headache than aspirin even if you get the code to work perfectly! :wink:
  • taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
    Thx Alex 4 your prompt reply.
    You confirmed my point of view. I'll create a manually-launched processing only report that will do the job.

Thx again.