Simulating production order?

santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
I s simulating production order used for R&D purpose or for testing purpose which is not counted in regular Inventory.

I f I am wrong plase correct me!!!

Santosh
Thanks & Regards
Santosh
Where Stones can be transformed to Gold

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    do you has read the manual for production :?:
    Everything is described there ....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    No i have not.

But I think the manual will not give the essence needed for grasping the reel need of simulation orders.

So I asked. :x

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    How can you tell whether a manual will give you certain answers if you haven't read that manual? :-k
    DenSter wrote:
    How can you tell whether a manual will give you certain answers if you haven't read that manual? :-k

Sir,

I have read the manual...... Information which I need is not available....

So I asked whether Simulated production orders which is used for R&D & aall that... will not "consume the actual inventory of raw materials" & "produce the actual inventory of output items" which is
    "not discussed as per the manual".

Please do not overlook our questions, as we think the answers & replies given by u all are very essential & important as far as the knowledge is concerned....

May be we should have understood u better...communicated u in a better way.....

Anyways if understood my q? please give a reply.....
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    garak wrote:
    do you has read the manual for production?
    No i have not. But I think the manual will not give the essence needed for grasping the reel need of simulation orders.
    I have read the manual......
    What is it? Did you read the manual or not? Garak asked you if you read it, and then you said you didn't because it doesn't have the information you need. The point of my reply was to ask you why you think the answer is not in the manual if you haven't read it, and to encourage you to actually read the manual before stating that it doesn't have the information you need.
    To Denster,

I think you have scripted the phrases well....

I answered "No I have not" ( That is what I have told in my reply that I might have misommunicated ) to Mr. Garak 's second sentence....

"Everything is described there .... "

Most Importantly you seem to find the faults instead of giving me information .

I think this forum is for helping , not for blaming & justifying & all that.

If you can help me please go forward....

Again I am asking...

Whether Simulated production orders will not "consume the actual inventory of raw materials" & "produce the actual inventory of output items" which is
    "not discussed as per the manual".
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Most Importantly you seem to find the faults instead of giving me information .

I think this forum is for helping , not for blaming & justifying & all that.
    You don't need to tell me what this forum is for. I am not trying to point out faults or blame anybody, I am trying to understand what you want. You said you have not read the manual, because the answer is not in there, and I was trying to understand what that means. Then you say you DID read the manual, and I still don't know which one it is.

This thread is better off without my participation. Good luck Santosh, hopefully you will find your answers.
    Dear Denster,

Its really funny that you have replied to me for each & every phrase I have written...

I feel that compared to me you are a "giant in terms of knowledge"

I am pleading you not to get involved in such situations.

We are dependent on stalwarts like you, we need your knowledge to be shared.

Please cool down & in future please share your knowledge to us.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The answer is NO. Simulated Production order does not affect inventory. It's just a simulation you would run to see if your shop floor can handle it. It's for information and reporting purposes only. :?
    Thanks Alex :)

You have re-confirmed my assurance against the question I have asked!!!!

Its clear...
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    The answer is NO. Simulated Production order does not affect inventory. It's just a simulation you would run to see if your shop floor can handle it. It's for information and reporting purposes only

in my manuals i found this sentense (other words) too .....
    So, the answer can be found in the manuals ;-)

Regards
    Thanks Garak,
    for your information :wink: .
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    garak wrote:
    The answer is NO. Simulated Production order does not affect inventory. It's just a simulation you would run to see if your shop floor can handle it. It's for information and reporting purposes only

in my manuals i found this sentense (other words) too .....
    So, the answer can be found in the manuals ;-)

Regards

:D I like paraphrasing.
    Dear Denster
    That's disappointing... I asked you to do this in a PM Santosh, and still you go and post this here. A public forum is not the place to do this, so I will leave it at that. [-X
    Alex Chow wrote:
    The answer is NO. Simulated Production order does not affect inventory. It's just a simulation you would run to see if your shop floor can handle it. It's for information and reporting purposes only. :?

Yes, it is correct, simulating production order is just for information.

It doesn't have any functionality, just a dummy, may be we can say it is similar to planned production orders.

Status can be changed from simulating to firm planned,released or finished po - which is same as that of planned po

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    :lol:
    garak wrote:

Thanks & Regards