Corrupt Menu

FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
Dear all,

[NAV 4.0 SP3 Up8 (Build 26410) & SQL]

we have a problem with the Sales & Marketing Menu. After adding a new Menu Group and adding another language layer (ESP) we now have "Lost Items" which we can't get rid of.

The Menu "Lost Items" is empty but in the Menu Sales & Marketing we now have a new Menu Group "Lost Items" which contains all Menu Items from the Groups "Inventory & Pricing" and Setup. Both of these groups are now empty. Also the Groups are sorted incorrectly.

I understand that in the menu the structure of the entries is now inconsistent (probably there are NodeIDs in there which don't exist).

I tried to cut and paste the items from the Lost Items Group back into the correct Groups but it doesn't help. I even tried it one by one saving the menu after each single move. I can move single items but no groups. After I try to move a group everything is back to where I started or even worse.

Trying to rearrange the sorting order of the groups normally results in a crash of the Client :( .

Any ideas how to solve that?

Best regards, Frank
Frank Dickschat
FD Consulting

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Dear all,

Moving the Lost Items around inside the Sales&Marketing menu did not work, so I tried moving everything from inside the Sales&Marketing menu into a new menu and then back into the Sales&Marketing Menu.

I have now reconstructed the menu so that it works again but the Lost Items menu and the Lost Items Group in the Sales&Marketing Menu still exist (both are empty).

Any ideas how to get rid of these?

I also noticed that menu 90 grew from 235KB to 326KB so I guess NAV has recorded all the changes in between in menu 90 also (clearing the menu and rebuilding it).

Is there a tool existing to get rid of all the unnecessary data in a menu?

Best regards, Frank
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • dahon716dahon716 Member Posts: 5
    Hi FDickschat,

Do you have Menusuite 80? Try deleting menu80 and then import the Menusuite 90 again.

Let me know if this work on your end. It works on us.

Regards :lol: