Google AdSense

redhotmustangredhotmustang Member Posts: 91
edited 2008-08-08 in Feedback
:mrgreen: I don't know if I'm having a bad idea, but have you ever considered using Google AdSense ads on this site to earn some revenue? With the amount of people passing by everyday, Mibuso could easily generate about 100 dollars per month. It's not much but it helps...

PS: I use Google Adsense on my sites and I recommend it. Certainly I have less traffic than Mibuso.
Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I'm not using Google AdSense, because I already have sponsors supporting the site. And I feel it's not correct towards those sponsors, to put other ads on my website.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • redhotmustangredhotmustang Member Posts: 91
    I'm not using Google AdSense, because I already have sponsors supporting the site. And I feel it's not correct towards those sponsors, to put other ads on my website.

I understand that. You're right. They pay some fee, and it wouldn't be correct to display "free" ads.

Nevertheless, if one of the reasons is you being afraid of competitors to those sponsors appear on the Google Ads, I think there is a possibility to filter which companies are displayed on those ads, thus not interfering with your current sponsors.

It would be a question of asking your current sponsors if they woudn't mind, explaining that this is only a question of helping to pay the hosting service; Placing Google Ads in less important spots (like topic posts - see those single line Google links type of ads); Offering the same (or better) price conditions to your current sponsors to appear in the same spots that the Google Ads would appear.

I'm just helping, brainstorming ;) hope you don't mind.
    (I'm reading David Studebaker's Programming in NAV 5, with your contribution, also.)

Best regards.

PS: Sorry for having post this on a wrong topic, forcing you to divid it and create this new one.
    Redcodestudio: Web Development, FLASH & Webdesign (and a little NAV, in the future)